The following art workshops
are now open for
on-line registration. Space is limited so reserve early. Payment must be received in full to reserve your spot. Please review our
Mastering Acrylics 11
with David Langevin
Mastering Acrylics is a pre-requisite
Mastering Acrylics II is an advanced workshop for experienced painters and is an extension of the first workshop, Mastering Acrylics (MA I), a prerequisite for this workshop.
Using the same principles and techniques covered in MA I we will apply them in 2 guided painting exercises: one with a coloured underpainting; the other using a tonal underpainting, or 'grisaille'.
Dates: March 24 - 25th, 2018
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Location: McMillan Arts Centre,
133 McMillan St.
Details for these workshops have not yet been finalized. Once everything for a workshop is confirmed, registration will open so
come back often.
- Susan Schaefer - October 2017 - Getting to Know Acrylics
- Sharon Quirke - September 2017 - Creating Movement in your Paintings
- Lori Goldberg - April 2017 – Finding Your Creative Muse
- Alan Wylie - March 2017 - Tonal Painting
- David Langevin – October 2016 – Mastering Acrylics I
- Dominik Modlinski - April 2016 - Dynamic Brushwork
- Sandy Terry – March 2016 – Flowering as an Artist
- Susan Schaefer – December 2015 – Colours of Mexico
- Robert Bateman – October 2015 – Spending the day with Robert
- Brent Lynch - September 2015 - Bringing Light into your Landscapes
- Nicholas Pearce – March 2015 - Limited Palette
- Brian Buckrell – February 2015 – Preparing for Plein Aire
- Suzanne Northcott – November 2014 - Acrylics Big and Bold
- Brian Buckrell – May 2014 – Fundamentals of En Plein Aire
- David Langevin – March 2014 – Mastering Acrylics I
- Carey Anderson – October 2013 - Working Big
- Mike Svob - April 2013 - Designing with Colour
- Janice Robertson - February 2013 - Acrylic Techniques & Beyond
- Donna Baspaly – September 2012 - Mixed Media
- Mark Hobson – April 2012 – Misty Landscapes
- Fear-Busting for Artists – Ruth Payne
- Introduction to Mail-Chimp – Jeff Shields
- Marketing for Artists – Jeff Shields & Susan Schaefer
- The Art of Business – David Langevin
- Facebook and Your Business – Jeff Shields & Susan Schaefer
For more information on these and upcoming workshops and to register please visit our online store.
Payment must be received in full to reserve your spot.
Payment may be credit card, cheque or money order. Credit Card payments are processed by PayPal - you do NOT need a PayPal account.
Refund/Cancellation Policy for Classes and Workshops:
- Notification of withdrawal must be made in writing to the Island Arts Magazine. A $50 administration fee will be charged on all withdrawals.
- Full tuition less the $50 administration fee is refundable up to two weeks prior to the first day of the workshop.
- No refunds are allowed thereafter unless the class is full and your space is easily filled from our waiting list.
- No refund will be given after the event due to a no-show.
- The Island Arts Magazine reserves the right to cancel any class or workshop for any reason and in this case a 100% refund will be given.